mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
N
well i don't consider myself too computer illiterate, so please before I continue, remember to be newbie friendly in ur replies if possible. well i downloaded mIRC knowing only that it is a chat client etc...but i don't know much about finding chats to go to...ah well that's not my point...I tried to connect for my first time (and continued to retry) but it tells me

*Connecting to irc.dal.net (6661)
*Unable to connect (Connection timed out)

then it promts me to retry but it doesn't connect again...how can i resolve this problem?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
try kernel.dal.net

R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Quote:
well i downloaded mIRC knowing only that it is a chat client etc...

If you're curious and want to learn more about the concept of Internet Relay Chat (IRC), this web site does a good job of explaining it.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
DALnet has been lately had some problem with attacks to it's servers... the irc.dal.net server pool isn't allways availiable anymore... the last weeks you might get connected to broadway-e.* from irc.dal.net but since DALnet is still attacked in smaller packets broadway-e.* is not lalways up... smile
You can find a updated list of server at the DALnet website here either check THIS page witch has a hourly updated list of servers witch work smile

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Just in case you dont know how, when you open mIRC, close the connect dialog you see. Then in your status window type: /server kernel.dal.net (or whatever the server is you want to use)

And to find chat channels, you can get a list of channels by using /list *somewordhere* like /list *chat* or /list *texas* or /list *auto*

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard