mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Q
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
[06:27] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
-
[06:27] * Connect retry #1 irc.rizon.net (6664) (dns pool)

Happeninng with multiple servers and multiple ports. Tried conencting directly via IP, didn't work either.

I have no firewall turned on for this machine, and do not have access to the router to check. Tried restarting and using google DNS, no luck.

Any ideas?

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Connection Refused and DNS Pool ussualy happens when the server is down or a firewall is blocking connections. I don't think your firewall is related because you are connecting to someone and not someone else to you.
If this is happening in Rizon servers their servers must be down.. or something like that.
That's all i can think! I hope i helped smile

Last edited by OrFeAsGr; 05/01/16 11:46 PM.
Q
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
That cant be right because im getting this with all servers. Also webchat is working now.

Im guessing the network admin might have blocked the ports, but hes saying he didnt block any ports. How do i check if a outgoing port is blocked?

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Well.. i checked for irc.rizon.net:6667 here http://ping.eu/port-chk and it says it's open.
Something that has happened to me long ago was that i made a lil typo that i didn't notice for some hours.. so i couldn't connect.
Other possibilities:
Maybe you're using mobile internet and they've banned the IP? (3G, 4G)
In case you do.. the IP usually changes if you turn off and then back on the mobile internet.

Last edited by OrFeAsGr; 06/01/16 11:21 PM.
Q
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
I relogged into my internet and it worked (you have to use a username and password to login here, i guess it didnt work properly first time round). So i had partial internet and could surf the web but most ports were blocked. Really weird.

K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
Originally Posted By: Question
I relogged into my internet and it worked (you have to use a username and password to login here, i guess it didnt work properly first time round). So i had partial internet and could surf the web but most ports were blocked. Really weird.

Many public internet areas will block off certain ports (as well as block certain domains that don't fit their firewall settings). It's not that uncommon honestly.

FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase
R
rgw Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I am new to this, so what ports needs to be opened, is it 6667 , is that all? because I keep getting unable to resolve server.

Link Copied to Clipboard