Print Thread
#252310 02/04/15 09:28 PM
W
Wolf Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
W
So, i use mirc everyday. I got tired of writing the password in for the servers i connect. So my question is that is there any script that i can enter in Tools--> Script Editor--> Remote tab that will connect me to 3 different servers AND login at the same time?
I connect to 3 servers, 2 of em r the same server, so I don't want the mIRC script to tangle.
Example: I connect to irc.example1.com:+6697 once and irc.example2.com:+6697 twice cuz I want different usernames to connect to different irc channels. Is there any script that will not mess up and connect to the SAME server twice and 1 more server 1 time and log me in?

NOTE: I'm using mIRC on PC

Last edited by Wolf; 02/04/15 09:31 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/help /server
/server [-46emnstarpfocz] <server/groupname> [port] [password] [-i nick anick email name] [-jn #channel pass]

On *:START: {
  server    EFnet     -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j #wolf,#chewtoy
  server -m Freenode  -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j ##werewolf
  server -m us.undernet.org 6667  Wolf:pAsSwOrD  -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j #wolflove
}

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
/help /server
/server [-46emnstarpfocz] <server/groupname> [port] [password] [-i nick anick email name] [-jn #channel pass]

On *:START: {
  server    EFnet     -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j #wolf,#chewtoy
  server -m Freenode  -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j ##werewolf
  server -m us.undernet.org 6667  Wolf:pAsSwOrD  -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf!  -j #wolflove
}

I can't seem to enter Espernet using this one. I also plan to connect to Rizon simultaneously. How can I do that?

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
server -m us.undernet.org 6667 Wolf:pAsSwOrD -i Wolf Wolf` howl@me I am a wolf! -j #wolflove

According to mIRC help, /server syntax looks like this:
Quote:

Where [password] is supposed to be a password for a password protected server (not a password for your registered username).

However, I've tried using something like this:
Quote:
/server -m irc.swiftirc.net Username:Password -i Username
But it didn't successfully identify my username on NickServ, stating -NickServ- Password incorrect. Therefore, it means that Username:Password part is sending something, but unsuccessfully.

Could some of more experienced users explain whether it's possible to use Username:Password in /server command, so there won't be a need of using /msg NickServ identify command?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
What happens to and the formatting of the password is up to the server, mIRC just passes it according to the protocol.

Link Copied to Clipboard