mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
I was commenting on the statistics you posted first, not the secondary set of numbers you listed.

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
B
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
B
Hey, why dont use alot more easier method:
The client tells the network whenever its away or not, its like "auto away nick" and this is bounced to all users in that channel. It would not take much bandwidth at all.

Last edited by BioDroid; 06/06/03 02:38 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most Auto-Away scripts use this (rather annoying) method to announce when a user is away.

Client to Server: PRIVMSG #channel :ACTION is Away (Auto-Away after 10 minutes)
Server to Each Client on #channel: :SomDumFoo!:Lamest@dummy.aol.com PRIVMSG #channel :ACTION is Away (Auto-Away after 10 minutes)

Client to Server: PRIVMSG #channel :ACTION is Back (After 15 minutes Away)
Server to Each Client on #channel: :SomDumFoo!:Lamest@dummy.aol.com PRIVMSG #channel :ACTION is Back (After 15 minutes Away)

Personally, I prefer to use the SERVER /away command, and inform only those who are specifically interested in my away status.

Client to Server: AWAY Absorbing some natural light.
Server to Single Client who types /whois Raccoon or /msg Raccoon <text>
Raccoon_ is away: Absorbing some natural light. (mirc format)

This non-intrusive Away Status is most universally accepted, least bandwidth, and least server resource using method... and comes already built into mIRC and the IRCd (server). No scripting required, just send your /away <reason> command to the server, and /away when you return to unset your Away Status.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
personally id like to see $nick(#chan,N).away ..... this would be nice if it was added into the ial somehow..... altho it would make alot of things almots impossible to get away unless u whois or who the users

D3m0nnet.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard