mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Dalienx Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
Hi all, i have an irc channel connected to an online game (minecraft :p)
The game server resets every 12 hours with no warning, what id like to do is get a script to simply announce a reset just before it happens.
its been many many years since ive played with any mirc coding and sadly i dont have the time to re-learn it all
if someone could help me out with a simple script id appreciate it, thanks smile

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
/help timers

You can set a timer to occur at specific times or x hours apart from each other, or even combine the two.
Let's say you know the reset occurs at 12AM and 12PM. You'd then set a timer to activate at 11:55PM which would activate a new timer that goes for infinity, triggering 12 hours apart.
This new timer would then have the message you desire.

That's one way you can do it.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
You could make an announcement bot so you set it for every 12 hours it will send a message and you could activate/deactivate it by typing commands you could also choose the text as a tab will pop up with it allowing you to choose what the announcement says. I'll get my memory stick now as it is on there 1 sec

Code:
 $I.am.REDxPHOEN 

Code:
 $I.am.THE.one.AND.only 

Code:
 $I.am.THE.best 
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Here is the code

Code:
menu channel {
  Announce
  .Start: .timerAnnounce. $+ $chan 0 43200 msg $chan $$="Enter message..."
  .Stop: .timerAnnounce. $+ $chan off

Don't change it otherwise you'll mess it up. I set it for every 12 hours for you so what you need to do is before the server goes down put it on so then it will message before the server goes down every 12 hours.

To start it you need to right click the channel window and the announcement button should be there. put your mouse over it then click start. If you want it to stop do the same put press stop.

If you want to change the time you need to keep in mind that it is in seconds. Also make sure you change the second number not the 0. always keep it as 0 then the timer

Code:
 $I.am.REDxPHOEN 

Code:
 $I.am.THE.one.AND.only 

Code:
 $I.am.THE.best 

Link Copied to Clipboard