mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
klez Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Hello.

Im using mirc since 1998 and till now i have a some suggestions:

1. Can be good to make a support of gif animations in dialogs without using scripts with timers or dll-s..

2. A big problem is a problem with /write that can write into files double spaces or more (i mean $chr(32)). Let me explain why i suggest this. For example i have file: C:\Text example.txt that has double spaces between Text and example.
If i want to save the path into a file, i must do:

/write paths.txt C:\Text example.txt

So, as a result i obtain in paths.txt the line: C:\Text example.txt!!! As you see, only with one space!
Why Windows interprets every char, even spaces, but mirc doesnt? I think will be good if mirc interprets everychar and will not make double spaces or more like a space!

Because, ive made a audio player of mirc and when i start collecting mp3s from a dir, some files contains double spaces and mirc shows me the error that file doesnt exist!

3. One big problem when ive tested creating audio player for mirc, that $sound().length doesnt show correctly the real length of a mp3, but $insong.length shows it correctly. For example a mp3 has 3mins 57secs when i make //echo -a $sound(C:\example.mp3).lenght shows 3mins 56secs. When i put to play and make //echo -a $insong.lenght shows 3mins 57secs.

Sorry, for my bad english.
With respect, Alexander.

P.S. In the future ill come with other suggestions. As i understand, the support of smiles in mIRC will never be implimented.. what a pitty, but would be good if mirc have a smiles support..

Last edited by klez; 08/09/15 01:15 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I will agree with you into supporting GIF to dialogs and with the Smiles!!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-

Link Copied to Clipboard