mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Alright, so I recently asked about no one showing up in the user list in mIRC for a Twitch bot and got that I needed to type
Quote:
/raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/membership
in order to populate the user list. My question now is how to go about creating a script that causes mIRC to do this on joining a channel. I've got a simple script here:
Code:
on me:*:join:#examplechannel: .timerme 1 2 msg $chan /raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/membership

This however causes the bot to type the /raw command into the Twitch chat instead of the mIRC chat. What do I need to change in order to send the command to the mIRC chat instead of the channel (I'm assuming it's the 'msg $chan', I just don't know what to change it to.)

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Remove the msg $chan completely.
It's redundant to do this whenever you join a channel though. Doing it once when you connect is sufficient.

on 1:connect: {
RAW...
RAW...
}

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
S
OP Offline
S
Cheers, worked just like I needed.

S
OP Offline
S
Well, it actually half worked. I now have an updating Nick list, but JTV now no longer updates the channel modes, meaning it doesn't recognize mods and the like. So cheers for the updating list, not so much for the JTV modes not working.

M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
I would recommend requesting twitch.tv/tags with the /membership CAP and using if (user-type=mod isin $msgtags) to see if they're modded.

Matti

Link Copied to Clipboard