Print Thread
#254754 30/08/15 07:28 PM
S
Sanibak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I have found how mirc allows multiserver support with the -m modifier, but I am trying to figure out if it is possible to make an alias target a specific server tab.

For example, let's say you are running a server window where you chat plus a couple custom bots on the same IRC network. They each have their own tab through using server -m.

Is there a scripting method to pass commands to a specific tab/connection? Like if my personal tab I use for chatting is tab #1 and the bots are tabs 2-4, then could I use an alias on tab #1 that would make tab 4 respond? If so, how?

Thanks for your help.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Yeah there is /scon command which makes active the connection you want and $scon . These might be helpfull.
Examples: /scon 1 makes the 1st connection active
/scon 2 makes the 2nd connection active and so on. whatever command you put after the /scon will be done only by the connection you activated.
$scon(1).network returns the network name of the 1st connection
$scon(1).server returns the server which you are using on the network of the 1st connection
$scon(1).me returns the user's nick on the 1st connection
You can actually use any identifier that is related to a connection as .parameter but not the ones that have brackets.
For example if you do //echo -at $scon(1).address($me,2) will return the followinng: * $scon: property cannot use brackets
I hope these help, for more help check the help files and this wiki maybe http://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/identifiers/$scon
http://en.wikichip.org/wiki//scon
P.S Although you could use 2 different mIRC's for easier scripting but it's up to you. In any case you go with /scon is good to know for other situations too smile

Last edited by OrFeAsGr; 30/08/15 07:47 PM.
S
Sanibak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Thanks. scon and scid is exactly what I needed.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Thumbs up! I forgot about scid smile I'm Glad i helped smile

Link Copied to Clipboard