Print Thread
#254512 14/08/15 11:16 AM
B
bl968 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
A lot of services are starting to provide information via API calls such as Twitch and Google. I would like to see a built in well documented json parser in mirc. Yes there are scripts out there that already do so but they are kludgy and frequently buggy.

bl968 #254548 15/08/15 02:52 PM
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
mIRC's scripting language is meant for the purpose of extending the program. Why are you against using scripted handling of JSON data? I feel including handling would cause a cascade of feature requests for other data type handling; XML, GML, YML, and do on. Including such may have a small benefit to some but is mostly bloat to the program as it can be scripted.

As I dev of one such script, I'd like to know what you find as kludgy with the current JSON parsers to better conform my script to what users want.

I am SReject
My Stuff
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Well the language can be used for almost anything, and he didn't say he was against a scripter solution, I think he would simply prefer seeing it built-in.
DCX does a very good job at providing much more support for dialog, but having it built-in has been requested many times and would still be a very good thing to have.
Same for JSON or XML imo, which are very popular, unlike GML or YML. I don't see how built-in 'dcx', xml or JSON support would be a bloat.
There are a lot of JSON parser in C which Khaled could use to quickly implement it.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard