mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hello guys! I've been using mIRC for a while and have a lot of scripts and settings saved on but when i went on mIRC today, they were all gone. (everything except my log files) I've heard the solution was to restore a previous version of the .ini but i'm not sure where to find it. Im running Vista.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
It's unlikely there is a backup, but if you "/run ." in mIRC it'll bring up the settings directory and you can right click mirc.ini to check if there are backups (this is a Windows feature, mIRC does not create perioditic backups itself). Any scripts you had were not removed, you just have to load them again.

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thank you, I found all my scripts and loaded them back (wish there was a function to load them all instead of one by one)

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
Is there a way to export your color settings and all that? My computer crashed and lost everything I set up. I tried to do the restore previous version and it says there was none. Now that I redid everything, can I export it somehow?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can make a little addon that loop through your script folder, load -rs path/to/file(s)

;---- Edit

I dont know the path to the scripts. And i dont know what type they are, *.mrc, *.ini or anything else, if the path are given here, then me or somone else will be able to help write somthing.

Last edited by sparta; 07/08/15 08:23 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
I guess it's not possible if you know nothing about scripting? I hoped I could somehow just export. Thanks for the info. I don't use mIRC a ton which is why it was so hard to get my settings back to how they were. I couldn't remember where everything was.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Just backup the entire $mircdir folder

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
I don't know what the dollar sign means, but do I just back up the entire folder(called mIRC in the program files directory)? Do I need to keep making a back up every time I make changes? I am quite confused.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
type //run $mircdir and back up that folder

P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
Do I put that in the status window? And do I need to back it up every time I make a change? What file do I need to open to revert back to the old file? Where will the back up be? I just want to make sure I don't lose anything. I so wished they just had an export settings option.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes, you run it from your status window. It will open up the mirc folder. If you copy everything in there, then you have a backup of your scripts if you have any loaded in mirc.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard