Print Thread
A
Awesoft Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
Why mIRC still using "AERO" buttons?
It's possible to change it to the default Windows theme? (I'm using Windows 10).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your post. I have tested mIRC v7.42 under Windows 10 and cannot see the issue that you are describing. mIRC asks Windows to draw buttons using the active Windows theme, so it should be using the theme you have set in the Control Panel personalize dialog. Can you provide an image showing the exact issue you are seeing?

A
Awesoft Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by Awesoft; 18/07/15 03:13 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is a limitation of Windows 8/10. Microsoft has decided not to update the way MDI windows are displayed in newer versions of Windows because MDI window support has been deprecated. They want all applications to become SDI (to display only one window at a time) which would essentially be like keeping windows maximized all the time. However, MDI windows are useful in IRC as they allow you to watch multiple contexts at a time, so this is not a feature I plan to remove.

A
Awesoft Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
This limitation affects only to the channels? the Query windows have Windows 10 style too.
Thank you again.

Last edited by Awesoft; 19/07/15 12:22 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That is because you are opening your query window on the Windows desktop, so it is not an MDI window. An MDI window is any window opened inside the mIRC window. You can change whether windows open as MDI/desktop windows in the mIRC options/display/options/windows dialog.

Link Copied to Clipboard