mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Hey there, I'd like to write a script saying "user" (Name in chat) has been writing "x" amount of lines in the chat when he/she subscribes, how do I do that? I have a file with logs from the chat and me thinking the "script" needs to count how many times "user" appears in the file.

How do I make this work? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ShuriStr; 07/07/15 12:11 AM.
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Read each line and use regex to search for their name. I guess you search for < $+ $nick $+ > and then increase a counter if there is a match

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
It seems like you'd want to have the totals stored somewhere ready to use instead of trying to call them on the fly which would be quite slow.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I see, I don't know how to write that script though, so if you or anyone else could lend a hand it would be very helpful.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Code:
Pseudo code LOG :

Someone writes
Check if user wrote before
If yes, increase value by 1, write value
Else write value 1

Pseudo code CHECK : 

Someone subs
Call log value
Message channel with log value?

Pseudo code CHECK v2 (Sakana) : 

Someone subs 
Call log file
Check entire log file for $nick matches
Message channel with log value?

Something like that.

You'll need the on text event, and some way to store it that you like. Note that this script is extremely inefficient to begin with as it will only take up unneccesary space and most likely have a redundant amount of users with <5 in value.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I understand your point, I'm on the same line. I do really like the Pseudo V2 version.

If anyone has an idea how the code would look like feel free to suggest it since I'm not an expert on this situation.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
If your talking about scanning an entire IRC log file this will become extremely slow, maybe even taking minutes--tens of minutes to complete. SCanning line by line of a 400 meg log ...yikes

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Yeah, it's not gonna happen, I want it immediately. Maybe throw the cmd? What do you guys think?

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I'm still looking for a solution, any ideas or anyone that could help with a working script & explanation?

Link Copied to Clipboard