mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#253206 31/05/15 07:21 AM
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
Due to the * being a wild card, I can't find a way to cause an event like that of *test*(Anywhere in the text). Is there a way to make an event happen on the text of 3 *'s (***) anywhere in the placement?

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Sounds like you need regex

/help $regex
http://www.regexr.com/

But I don't understand what pattern you're looking for. It'd be easier if you gave an example sentence and the thing you want matched from it

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
I believe that for twitch channels where the owner has chosen to opt out for globally banned words like 'shit' etc, the messages sent to the irc will automatically replace all instances of this with three '*' signs.

I'm pretty sure that's what OP is looking to trigger on.
I noticed this a couple of days ago when I went into a channel that had this filter on, all messages received through mIRC would appear like this:
Quote:
[23:19] <inoori> @Nillens the ending was kinda *** up
[00:07] <zestyh> snus aint that bad either, but i dont understand how i started cause i dident really like it, and there were like no pressure for me to start snusing, and it tasted like *** the first 5 times :--- |
While my own messages would appear like "oh shit!" other users would se that as "oh ***"

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Thats on-input and on-text difference, you see your own messages not through server, its displayed "as it is".

Dont give a fish - teach to fish!
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
I'm aware of that. But it's not relevant whatsoever to the question. What's relevant is that OP is requesting a trigger on the '***' text in a message. What I was informing of is that it might be due to a twitch feature he is requesting it. It's important to know as it shows that no added characters like ! or , etc will be added if a word is detected by the twitch system.
While I'm unsure if
Code:
 if ($+($chr(42),$chr(42),$chr(42)) isin $1-) 
will work or not, I can't provide any regex code as a substitute as I know none.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
A
OP Offline
A
Yes that is the feature that I'm trying to track down on. As for regex, that is way past my knowledge so I'll try the character text.

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you very much for the http://www.regexr.com/ website. That was a big help.
The Final Result was something like this:
Code:
on $*:text:/\*\*\*/g:#{ 
/msg $chan Tripped
}

Thanks for your help.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Instead of using regex (for something a bit more understandable) you could use the 'isin' operator:
Code:
on *:TEXT:*:#:{
  if (*** isin $1-) {
    ; matched
  }
}

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 01/06/15 08:22 AM.

I am SReject
My Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard