mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I've put together a chat bot for a friend of mine. Recently, I noticed that I can no longer see a list of users in the channel.
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling, and still have the issue.

I can give any info that you need, feel free to ask for it.

mIRC Version: 7.41

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
When connecting to Twitch, I receive the same "[13:05] Invalid CAP command" message. Not entirely sure what they mean by it, but I'm fully able to populate the channel's nicklist.

Are you by any chance using /twitchclient ? This will change the way they send info to you and will no longer populate the nicklist in the channels.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Actually i worked on this problem before and i had an small convertation with twitch support, so if you use TWITCHCLIENT 3 the twitch IRCD does not sending on mirc the Join and Part events so i suggesting you to switch the twitchclient to 1 is the more stable than all and you will have all the IRCD features, now about CAP you get an error message because the twitch.tv IRCDs does not support this command so use
Code:
RAW 410:*: { haltdef }
to stop it.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
How would I go about doing this?

Edit: Did /raw twitchclient 1 as well as 3, entered a channel with many viewers. JTV sent the modlist to the client, but did not send a viewer list.

Edit 2: One of my scripts does /TWITCHCLIENT 3 on connect, if that does anything.

Last edited by SouthApple; 07/03/15 11:02 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
By design, some channels or 'event channels' won't show a user list of all users (only moderators) because there are too many 10's of 1000's of people.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
If you have any script using any type of /twitchclient that is the reason.
/twitchclient 1 does not reset it either, I'm not sure how to reset it aside from reconnecting or restarting your mIRC client and removing that from your scripts.

I guess you have a choice, keep /twitchclient and get that info, or remove it and get nicklist info.
Afaik, there's no combining the two.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Thanks for the help everyone. Since I need to be able to at least see moderators/admins, I'll remove the twitchclient 3 command.

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Originally Posted By: SouthApple
I've put together a chat bot for a friend of mine. Recently, I noticed that I can no longer see a list of users in the channel.
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling, and still have the issue.

I can give any info that you need, feel free to ask for it.

mIRC Version: 7.41

If you are seeing "Invalid CAP command"

it means you need to reset your bot's (twitch) OAuth token via logging into twitch via a browser, and hitting up twitchapps.com/tmi/ - (save that oauth token so you never forget it, save it as a text file and put it somewhere safe, or screenshot it) - then put that as your "password" in mIRC, save, then close the mIRC client and reopen it. Should connect again.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
No it doesn't. As I previously stated in this same topic, I can connect fine with that error.
A simple google search got me the answer as well.

Originally Posted By: Twitch Help Forums
Commands you can send

Most normal chat commands like /timeout, /ban, /clear are sent with periods in place of the forward slash. For example, to ban the user "xangold", you would send ".ban xangold" to the server (minus the quotes).

Note: Lines prefixed with < are sent from client to server, and lines prefixed with > are sent from the server to the connecting client.
If you send an invalid command, you will receive a 421 numeric back:

< CAP REQ :multi-prefix
> :tmi.twitch.tv 421 you CAP :Unknown command
A brief list of commands supported by our IRC server include
If you actually bothered to read the OP he's not asking how to connect to twitch, he was asking why he couldn't see users in channels anymore.
And it got resolved. No need to post false information anymore.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard