mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
azim Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Hi, I am a moderator of a twitch chat. And I was wondering if you can give me the scripts of the following things I want my bot to do.

Features:
- Update Game and Title on Twitch Command(Only moderators)
- Add commands and delete commands(Only Moderators)
- Giveaway for only Subscribers and Moderators Command.
- Maybe something like an !update command for the bot so I can add in new scripts for him without actually giving him the files manually.
- Everytime someone donates. I want it to be notified in the chat.

Last edited by azim; 21/03/15 10:38 PM.
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
No
We
Can
Not

You're free to use the search function however.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
A
azim Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
I have but they dont come up!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
azim:

This forum is NOT a repository for downloading and installing mIRC scripts. It is a place to ask questions about a specific command or feature or method, one that you have rolled around in your hands for a while and need some minor and specific guidance with.

This is NOT a place to sit upon your throne and call for some virgins to be delivered to your feet.

I recommend giving this post a read, too.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/251810/A_cargo_cult_of_Twitch_botters

PS. Making your text big doesn't make you 1) more important 2) easier to read 3) more likely to get help. It will, however, make people think you're a very silly silly person.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
NOPE.

T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
Hey azim, I sent you a private message.

F
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
...make people think you're a very silly silly person.

You, sir, are far more polite than I would have been. Kudos on your restraint.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Nillen, Raccoon, Majeye and others should be ashamed of yourselves. This sub-forum is specifically for 'Scripts and Popups'. Its not labelled as 'Script and Popup Help Only' nor is there any indication that is all it should be used for. The OP asked for a code, and none of you give any information; just smartass remarks about his question. This is far more detrimental to the board than someone asking for code.

--

As far as the request, azim, we generally do not code for others here. If you are interested in learning to do such things for yourself then read the help file that comes with mIRC: /help. The read will take roughly 2-3hrs and once finished you will have a basic understanding of mIRC scripting.

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 07/04/15 05:09 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
This is neither, by no means, labeled the "Script and Popups request" forum.
This subforum goes under "support" which means that what our job is to offer support in guiding the users to get their problem fixed.

Basically the thing you said, telling OP to read the help files, is worse than suggesting to use the search function of the forum instead. Considering that the OP shows no intention of actually wanting to learn nor actually do the coding himself.
This also covers the fact that 2-3hrs of reading the help files will not suffice for OP to be able to code any of his requests.

Originally Posted By: Subforum Description
Need help perfecting your latest script? Having trouble getting your popups to pop up? This is the place to ask.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
Majeye and others should be ashamed of yourselves.

Why should I be ashamed of myself?

I am actually yearning to learn the code. I do not demand things of this forum board. I use it as a help function (aside from also reading the actual help files).

I took it upon myself to actually learn a few things before I even came to the forum, yes, I know I have asked things here, but nothing was a demand, and all responses I've gotten have helped me learn something regarding the question I had at the time.

If someone comes here and can't even be bothered to learn something on their own, or isn't curious as to how the code works, or doesn't care to learn the code on their own? Then I can't be bothered to code for them. (even with my limited knowledge)

I would rather put that resource towards someone that actually wants to learn it.

Link Copied to Clipboard