mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
This falls somewhere between a bug report or a feature suggestion.

I use mIRC MDI in as a single maximized window, one channel or query visible at a time.

I typically use a series of /server -m <network> -i <identity> -jn <channels> for my On Start, such that the initial barrage of joins do not flicker about my display and steal focus with each join. They quietly open a new tab in the switchbar and treeview.

When reconnecting to a server, however, mIRC rejoins each channel in a noisy way by activating each window until all channels have been rejoined. During this period, it's impossible to type commands or use mIRC until all 180 or 560 channels have been rejoined across multiple networks.

The same problem exists when connecting to a BNC (such as ZNC) where it appears to mIRC that the server is force joining you to channels upon initial connection.

Would there be a way to create an option of [x] Rejoin Channels Minimized, that only affects joins not performed by immediate user action (such as typing /j #chan or double-clicking)?

Or [x] Rejoin channels without activating.
or [x] Rejoin channels to background.

They don't necessarily have to be minimized, just not in front or grabbing focus.

Last edited by Raccoon; 14/02/15 12:26 AM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
It's been asked, https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/239048/join_-n_options_in_alt+o%28more_#Post239048

You even posted on that thread confused

Anyway, I agree, but the option should really be named "join channels minimized"

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I don't want to join all channels minimized. If I type /join #mIRC, then #mIRC should pop into focus center stage.

It should only be applied to JOINs that are received when none are sent. One exclusion is when you send a join to one channel, but receive a join to a different channel... as is the case with channel forwarding/redirect.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I don't want that either, unsure why you think I do

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
An option called "Join channels minimized" implies to the user that channels are joined minimized.

The word should be Rejoin, not Join.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Ok. My point was mainly about the 'minimized' word, which is prettier. rejoin or join is the same to me here, note that you would get situation where you would "join" and not "rejoin" where this option would apply (sajoin for example).

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
SAJOIN is another good example of why non-user-action joins should be minimized (or in the background at bottom z-order), so users don't get bullied around by abusive IRCOPs.

mIRC lists many networks in its server list with abusive IRCOPs.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
SAJOIN is another good example of why non-user-action joins should be minimized
Just to make sure, that was my point

Link Copied to Clipboard