mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Malko #251070 08/02/15 02:02 AM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I don't see any conflict, it should work, do you get any error in the status window? Did you try to debug the code a bit?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Malko #251184 11/02/15 06:22 PM
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Originally Posted By: Malko
Thanks for the help! i did some coding a while ago late last year and then its been a while since that so I've been going over what i already done and trying to use the code i used for my points system in this. I'm just struggling to get my head around the part where it picks someone random and gives them a amount of points and tells them how many. I can't find many good places to learn how to program in this language.

mSL isn't a common language for coding Twitch bots (even though it is growing drastically for some odd reason). I'd recommend Python. (It's also an easier language to learn).

My small piece of advice is anytime you have a new script with an alias, put that entire script in a new remote file. Don't add it in with others, they will conflict at some point.

If you insist on using mSL, read the comments above, they are very helpful.

Last edited by Majeye; 11/02/15 06:29 PM.
Majeye #251191 11/02/15 07:41 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Majeye
Originally Posted By: Malko
Thanks for the help! i did some coding a while ago late last year and then its been a while since that so I've been going over what i already done and trying to use the code i used for my points system in this. I'm just struggling to get my head around the part where it picks someone random and gives them a amount of points and tells them how many. I can't find many good places to learn how to program in this language.

mSL isn't a common language for coding Twitch bots (even though it is growing drastically for some odd reason). I'd recommend Python. (It's also an easier language to learn).

My small piece of advice is anytime you have a new script with an alias, put that entire script in a new remote file. Don't add it in with others, they will conflict at some point.

If you insist on using mSL, read the comments above, they are very helpful.

Who told you that mSL is not? with mIRC Scripting Lanugage you can create everything you want, just you need to learn about to how-to, what is that you cannot create with it?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
westor #251215 11/02/15 10:38 PM
M
Malko Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
So when putting them in different remote files do i just create each one in the folder, and does it matter what they are called and do they have to be linked somehow?
Because i still can't get the lottery script going?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard