mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
I recently discovered that my Mirc nick is showing an old email address that had been hacked and I want to change it to my new yahoo address which I've had for quite some time and use regularly. It wasn't easy at all trying to find the proper command to change the email. However, the only one I found gave this command: /msg nickserv SET EMAIL Mypassword NewEmailAddress, and the example they provided was: /msg nickserv SET EMAIL MyPassword janet@peanutbutter.ca What is confusing me is the example they provided for the new email (janet@peanutbutter.ca) isn't an email address. Can anyone please tell me is this correct or whether I should replace "janet, etc" with my actual yahoo email addy. Any help to clear this up would be appreciated.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Please keep in mind that mIRC has nothing to do with your nickserv account. And janet@peanutbutter.ca is very well an email address. But clearly if it's not your email address you wouldn't use it. Any problems with a network's implementation of nickserv should be dealt with on that network.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Help documentation often uses examples to help users understand proper usage. In these examples, you would replace janet@peanutbutter.ca with your own email address.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
OP Offline
P
I'll take this up the site I use. I'm accustomed to seeing email addresses, such as gmail/yahoo or hotmail.com, so "janet" didn't look like any email I've ever seen before. Thanks for your input.

Link Copied to Clipboard