mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#247513 05/08/14 11:35 PM
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I'm looking for a music MP3 script that will do several things. One, automatically post in chat what song is playing. Two, have an request system. Meaning someone can request a song that is in the request system. This can be via Media Monkey, OtsAV, WinAmp, Audacity, Virtual DJ etc.

Computer expert of 32 years!
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
1)

Code:
alias splay { 
  splay $1-
  .timer 1 1 msg #channel I am playing $!sound($insong.fname).title by $!sound($insong.fname).artist
}

2)

You can't play music through a channel, so when someone requests a song it will only play on your local machine, which seems a bit pointless. So I just wanted to make sure I had understood what you're asking for correctly.

Did you think that you can play music over IRC? If so, this isn't possible. The only way it would work is if everybody was running the same script and either (a) had the same song or (b) you streamed it to them.

However, (b) would be illegal if the song is subject to copyright.

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Not wanting to play it through an IRC channel, but through the computer and out to video streaming such as Ustream. So that way when someone requests a song via the script it grabs it and plays it and displays the name of the song in chat and can be heard via the video/audio stream. Music is my music that I made in Fruityloops and is mp3 files.

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I am still looking for this if anyone has one. There has to be one out there.

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
There has to be a script out there somewhere for this?

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Does anyone have something like I want?

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I've been looking for the same thing, but no one seems to have made a script for this yet. I'm a novice, but I'd still like to try and work on this if anyone has any hints on how to do it.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
After around May or so, I'm considering making a script for Grooveshark broadcasting through mIRC.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
See if you can code it for Media Monkey or Virtual DJ. I'm wanting it for something that isn't an online music venu.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Not interested in that, I'm interested in making the script for personal use. I don't mind sharing my scripts though.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard