mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BhaaL Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
For the first time since I'm using mIRC, I tried to change some of the per-channel event settings (clicking the window-icon, Events...) to hide Joins/Parts for a particular channel.
And I immediately noticed it doesn't work with my scripts.

The reason it wont work is that I used KTE Themes, and at least from a quick glance at the help file, there aren't any identifiers that tell me if a channel has particular options set (such as Join in current window, or Nicks in Status etc.)

Is there anything built-in that might help me get to those settings (other than trying to make sense of the [events] section in the mirc.ini file)?

B
BhaaL Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
Ok, seems my problem solved itself after restarting; except that I didn't notice until just now that joins etc. aren't being shown anymore.

So, no need to actually handle it in script.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I don't understand, how is the problem solved? If you were to make your theme aware of the per-channel settings, you would need to handle it, with $readini or something else if mIRC had something else

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
B
BhaaL Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
That's the point, it seems I don't.

Code:
on ^&*:JOIN:#: echo $chan Someone joined: $nick

...doesn't trigger when someone joins the channel where I set the events to hide.
I kept seeing some bot announcing new channel peaks, but I didn't see the joins themselves. So I'm assuming mIRC is smart enough to just not trigger the code (which may or may not be good, tho).

Last edited by BhaaL; 21/12/14 11:14 AM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Well you are using the & event prefix, I couldn't just assume you were.
But yeah, if you or mIRC already used /halt or /haltdef on an event, indeed the next ones won't be triggered if they use the & event prefix, but you must know that or you wouldn't be using that event prefix. The event themselves will be triggered without that event prefix. I now guess you didn't think it would work if mIRC is the one halting (because of the options)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
B
BhaaL Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
I didn't expect it were using /halt or /haltdef for that, adding to the confusion that it didn't work immediately (or so it seems, at least I still got Joins after changing the setting within the same mIRC session).
In the end, I'm happy it does smile

Link Copied to Clipboard