mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Java is slower than VB. anything in .NET isn't worth learning, it's slower than the VB runtime and slower than Java.

I think you'll find that .NET (VB or C#) craps all over VB6 in every way. I don't know the speed of Java but if it's slower than VB6 as you say then it'd have no chance against .NET.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Pre-processed languages? Is this sort of like rubbery cheese?

I know about interpereted languages and compiled language - but not sure about "pre-processed". Java is interpreted (OK, there is some pre-processing!). BASIC is another interpreted language.

C/C++ are compiled languages. Compiled languages work faster than interpreted languages. Logical!

As mentioned earlier - horses for courses. personnally, if I needed to do something quick and well - then I would design in VB (or maybe Java at a pinch - uggh!). After the prototype works - translate into C++ for speed and efficiency.

Where does this lead to? mIRC scripting is interpreted - so any talk about compiling or translating into DLL is rather moot.

Cheers,

DK

Darwin_Koala

Junior Brat, In-no-cent(r)(tm) and original source of DK-itis!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Java and C# are pre-processed languages. They are compiled from source code into bytecode (not machine code) - a device independent representation that is then turned into machine code at runtime by a virtual machine. Pre-processed languages are, in my opinion, quite probably the future of programming for many fields. Not only do they allow you to code a program once and have it run on any platform that has a virtual machine (giving it the main benefit of interpreted languages), but they are also much faster than any interpreted language (greatly reducing the main drawback of interpreted languages). Granted they won't have the great efficiency or speed of a fully compiled language such as C or C++, but the increase in speed of hardware and the improvement in virtual machines means that this is not an issue for a great many of the programming tasks that are required today.

Quite frankly cinetics one of those compiled language zealots who thinks that the answer to any and every programming problem is C++.

Anyway, this is all pretty pointless since it's nothing to do with mIRC scripting anymore and this thread is over a year old.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
java console is faster then c++...
(at least, that is what my teacher tells me at school, but has is an expert with c++)

but c++ is faster with GUI

I prefer working with c++ above java

and I only use the Visual Studio .NET 2002 software because it's so much better to work with then Visual Studio 6... (msnd itergrated, line numbers... etc)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard