mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#249499 01/12/14 01:02 PM
F
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
I'm trying to use the inbuilt script editor to create some functions and what not,

I tried using the good old

Quote:
on *:text:!Site:#: {
msg $chan You can find us here.
}

But, it doesn't seem to generate anything? Am I doing something wrong?

I recall from some years ago I used to use and edit some scripts whilst I was playing Runescape and in Runescape related IRC/swift kit channels, but can't seem to find any of them anywhere, anyone have a comprehensive list of things that'd be handy to use/edit?

Last edited by Frisky_Frogs; 01/12/14 01:29 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try to copy your code on an new mIRC Script Editor file and retry the code seems to be ok.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
F
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
F
Doesn't seem to make an ounce of difference doing that frown I've no idea what's wrong frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have any other ON TEXT events inside the file that you have the code?

EDIT: also try use /remote on

Last edited by westor; 01/12/14 02:56 PM.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Originally Posted By: Frisky_Frogs
I'm trying to use the inbuilt script editor to create some functions and what not,

I tried using the good old

Quote:
on *:text:!Site:#: {
msg $chan You can find us here.
}

But, it doesn't seem to generate anything? Am I doing something wrong?

I recall from some years ago I used to use and edit some scripts whilst I was playing Runescape and in Runescape related IRC/swift kit channels, but can't seem to find any of them anywhere, anyone have a comprehensive list of things that'd be handy to use/edit?

Remember to test this code, if you're doing yourself, you must login from a different mIRC which has the code, or ask him to another user who type the word! Site.

Link Copied to Clipboard