Print Thread
S
Sbeul Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hi,

I tried mIRC 7.22, 7.26, 7.36 and 7.37 béta and the problem is always the same : i cant scroll on the channel windows except if my cursor is on the scroll bar.

I made a picture to schematize where i can scroll with the mouse wheel :

If Anyone knows how to fix it, it will be great !

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The most common reason for mouse wheel issues is that the mouse driver you are using is not working correctly. You would need to make sure that you have downloaded the latest Windows 10 mouse drivers for your mouse. However, as Windows 10 has not been released and is not yet stable, many companies may not have released up-to-date mouse drivers for it. Another possibility is that as Windows 10 is not yet stable, this could be a Windows 10 bug and you would need to report it on the Windows 10 forums so that the developers can look into it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Following up, I installed Windows 10 preview and tested a debug version of mIRC on it. Windows 10 is not sending mouse wheel messages at all to mIRC when you wheel over a window and only sends them in very specific contexts, such as over scrollbar windows. This means that there is no way for mIRC to detect mouse wheel messages, even at a very low hook level, because Windows 10 is simply not sending them in that context. This appears to be a Windows 10 bug.

Link Copied to Clipboard