mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Q
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
Ive been using MIRC on thsi computer for like, two years now, and my computer just crashed.

Upon reboot i found that all my MIRC settings were back to defaults...no color changes, no scripts, it didnt even have my user name setup.

How is this possible? Arent the settings saved in a file somewhere?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unfortunately this is a common issue that affects all applications. When a computer crashes, there is a possibility that files on your computer will be damaged in some way. This is why sometimes, after a crash, a computer will not boot up any more and may need to go through a recovery process. Even when the computer boots up again, there is still a possibility that files have been damaged or lost. Windows will normally check your disk on boot up after a crash to check for and recover damaged files but this may not always work.

If your mIRC settings are back to defaults, this means that your mirc.ini settings file was lost or damaged during the crash. If you backup your computer on a regular basis, you may be able to find your "mirc.ini" settings file in your backup and restore it. If you do not have a backup, you will need to configure your settings again.

Q
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
Im trying to get my font back to what i had, but fixedSYS looks really small at size 14 and theres no option to change the font size for fixedSYS for some reason...

Link Copied to Clipboard