mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Demarko Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hi,

im looking for a way to mark users with special user modes, for example ircop and service bots in the channels nicklist. Either by a adding prefix to them, or by coloring them.

I know of the existance of isvoice/isop commands, but that ones only show me the op/halfop/voice status of a user in the channel. How can I get someone's user mode?

Here is a /whois example:
Quote:
Superman is ~clark@saving.the.world * Superman
[...]
Superman is a IRC Operator
Superman is a Services Operator
[...]

So the question is how to get this info programmatically and use it to either prefix the nick in a channel with a special character like °, or simply to color those nickname(s) by a definied color, like red / blue from the example above.

Many thanks in advance! smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try use this code:

Code:
raw 313:*: {
  haltdef
  echo 4 -at $2-
}

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Demarko Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Originally Posted By: westor
Try use this code:

Code:
raw 313:*: {
  haltdef
  echo 4 -at $2-
}
Thanks. haltdef goes at the end. I'm sure that was just to test me grin

What this code returns is "Superman is a IRC Operator" BUT ONLY when I do a /whois Superman.
It does not work when joining a channel or when the nick list gets changed in general. Furthermore I have still no idea how to use this snippet with the wish of coloring (or adding a prefix) those nicknames in the nicklist.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
To color nicks you can use /cnick, to add a prefix you need to use a dll to manipulate the nicklist. You need to whois people to find this information out (unless they have a custom address which you can see when they join). And it doesn't matter where haltdef is located.

Link Copied to Clipboard