mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#248782 24/10/14 03:34 AM
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Hello,

I know nothing of mIRC coding. However, I followed Motion's youtube tutorials and some other tutorials I found online and made myself a custom mIRC twitch chat bot.

my bot (botoftheroundtable) (don't ask) does an ok job. However some of its features don't seem to work at all, or at least only some of the time. Such as the points system and the poll system. Can someone take a look at my super sloppy code (keep in mind i don't know how to code this or the proper syntax so sorry if it, as a programmer, gives you chills) and error check it.

I simply want all of my features working but don't have the knowledge to get that.

http://pastebin.com/briSSs0S

thanks,
-13mknight

13mknight #248786 24/10/14 06:18 AM
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
You have overlapping triggers for your scripts, as such only the first trigger will first..example the caps warning looks for any text, so no text trigger placed after that will ever fire.

The different modules should be in separate script files to prevent this.

13mknight #248787 24/10/14 06:32 AM
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I would suggest organizing your remote files a little more. Don't put all your scripts into one remote. I have mine separated and named for whatever they are for. With anything looking for this:

on *:text:*:#:{...

it'll never let anything below that be used basically. I knew nothing of mIRC before I started my bot but after a lot of help on here and use of /help I've learned quite a bit in a short period of time. I still know nothing for the most part but I know a lot more than I did lol.

Bramzee #248793 24/10/14 01:50 PM
OP Offline
Ah! ok, thank you so much. I was unaware that this would be a problem. I'll seperate my scripts out into different remotes. Now, This is probably a stupid question but haveing each script in a different remote do they auto run? or do i have to tell my IRC bot to run each script?

13mknight #248794 24/10/14 01:55 PM
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
They will auto-run. You can manually disable them however using the /unload function.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard