Print Thread
#240319 21/01/13 12:18 AM
A
Aelanna Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
I have been using Mirc for chatting since 1996. I've used it under every version of Windows to XP without any problems. I recently got a new computer running Windows 7 64-bit. The problem is, I use Mirc under different online names for different purposes, and always held my logs in a subfolder under mirc\logs. i.e.: mirc\logs\folder1, mirc\logs\folder2, etc.

But under Windows 7 no matter what version of Mirc I try (I've tried several versions from 5.81 to 7.29), I can't set my logs folder to a subfolder of \logs. I don't want to dump everything into one logs folder. Are subfolders not supported in Windows 7, or is there something more I need to do that I'm missing? Please help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can either place mIRC.ini into your install folder, or you can change your shortcut to make use of the -r switch to set the path of the data files.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
H
I'm new here...I got a new computer and used Norton 360 to put my old files on my new computer...both windows 7 64 bit. But I can't seem to find my log files or scripts or anything. How do I move that information over?

Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard