mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#247756 25/08/14 12:34 PM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
On Twitch.TV, strong language may be filtered and will show up as 3 asterisks (***) in the chat.
for cursing that is not filtered i use 'if (*curseword* iswm $1-)' to check for bad words and purge them from the chat.
Now i wanted to know if i can use something similar to check for 3 asterisks? since 'if (***** iswm $1-)' will obviously not work :P

Help would be highly appreciated smile

Last edited by Sjoepele; 25/08/14 01:01 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try $chr(42) in the if brackets ..

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Aw man i was sure that was going to work but it doesnt seem to hmmmm. Oh well, thanks for the input!

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What did you use? if ($+(*,$str($chr(42),3),*) iswm $1-) should work

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
Unfortunately, escaping wildcard characters with their $chr() equivalents won't work, as mIRC will still treat them as wildcards when making a wildmatch comparison. In order to check for them in a string, you'll need to use them in a context where they are not treated as wildcard characters.

In your particular case, since you already appear to be checking if the string occurs anywhere in the line, regardless of what's around it, the isin operator may be a good choice:

Code:
if (*** isin $1-) { ... }

You could also use regex if you want the matching requirements to be highly flexible. (Just keep in mind that you'll need to escape the * and ? characters (in the regex sense) so that they are not treated as meta characters:

Code:
if ($regex($1-,\Q***\E)) { ... }

; or for an example showing more flexibility...
if ($regex($1-,\b\Q***\E\b)) { ... }

There are, of course, also things like $istok() and == for checking whether such chacters are in (or make up) the string; it all depends on your particular need.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Good point, I must have thought it would work because I wanted it to work

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Thank you very much for your input guys, i'll be sure to check it tomorrow morning. Highly appreciated smile

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
yup, worked perfectly! Thanks again smile

Link Copied to Clipboard