mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kikuchi Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Hey, I have been experiencing nicklist glitches with 7.36.
After debugging a bit, I've found that I had a line like this in my mirc.ini file under the [fonts] section:
Quote:
f#Accueil=,412,0,2,0,9
with no fontname after the '=' sign. I am not sure how this actually happened, I didn't touch the ini file myself, I never used the popups way to change the font but I often use "/font fontsize fontname" manually on an active window.
I tried to get mIRC to update mirc.ini with such a line using /font but couldn't reproduce it.
This line is the cause of a major bug with mIRC, the nicklist's content of a channel is incorrect, it's filled with the data from a different network/channel and/or with invisible (but supposedly correct) nicks:
video bug nicklist
Notice how the nicklist appears empty, though there are lines in the listbox
I also tested with this line on 7.35, same result

Last edited by kikuchi; 18/08/14 11:52 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, this issue has been fixed for the next version. As far as I can tell, all this does is make the font blank. The next version will check for an empty font name and, if it is empty, it will use the default font name.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
While this will take care of the problem, mIRC most likely has no reason to write an empty fontname there (we assume it's not kikuchi who edited the file, nor the file has been corrupted), perhaps it would be a good idea to fix the routine in mIRC which is writing that line with an empty fontname, did you take a look at those routines by any chance?

The current fix would still be required since one could technically edit mirc.ini that way.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard