mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Vile Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
Make new windows and dialogs with the 'center' flags show in the monitor that mIRC is currently running in,

ex: /window -dC & /dialog -r show in the first monitor, rather than the one mIRC is currently active in.

If you drag mIRC to a second monitor and have something that pops up a dialog or window that's supposed to be centered, it's a bit odd for it to show up on an entirely different screen. New windows/dialog creation doesn't do this, only when they're centered.

Last edited by Vile; 17/08/14 05:38 AM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Confirmed on 7.35 and win 7 but this is a bug, not a feature.
But since we are here, maybe we could get an improvement for /window and /dialog, we could decide the screen the dialog/window should be displayed on

/window +CN with N=0 for the current screen mIRC is on (default), N=1 for the primary screen, N=2 second screen etc..

/dialog -CN ..

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue with /window -dC and this has been fixed for the next version. However I was not able to reproduce the issue with /dialog -r. In my tests, /dialog -r centers the dialog on the monitor where the main mIRC window is located.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I can't reproduce the problem with /dialog -r either (7.36, win 7)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
V
Vile Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
Whoops. I meant to say I was starting the dialog and using /dialog -s with $mouse.dx and $mouse.dy to move the dialog to where the cursor is. Problem is $mouse.dx, $mouse.dy will return the same relative coordinates regardless of which monitor is active. Maybe /dialog -s is what needs to take which monitor is active into account then.

Last edited by Vile; 19/08/14 02:39 AM.
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you tried with $mouse.cx/$mouse.cy ?

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
V
Vile Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
V
That works, thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard