mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
O
Hi All,

It has been a while since I have scripted something in Mirc.

I would be grateful if anyone could refresh me as to whether there is any way to get a mirc script to run from outside mirc itself (such as through a windows command line prompt) the idea being an external program being able to get mirc to execute an alias without the user having to manually having to do it within mirc itself.

I was looking for a way to do this "on demand" so to speak, as opposed to other options such as having the alias run on a timer to check for something (such as a phrase in a text file which the external program writes to so that mirc knows then to run the alias).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
You can use DDE to send commands to mirc. I don't have any examples of DDE used in this way though.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The application can use SendMessage() or DDE.

O
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
O
Hi All,

Thanks very much. DDE was the thing i was looking for(I am not familiar at all with SendMessage).

I have read up on it and can see i need to pass a DDE command to the following effect:

Code:
dde [dde-server] [topic] [item] [data]

so ideally

Code:
dde mIRC COMMAND "" /alias data for alias

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to find a DDE Client that I can run via windows command line to issue the DDE command to mirc - I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers,

Last edited by onesikgypo; 04/08/14 03:47 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard