#247003 18/07/14 03:59 AM
L
Linkin Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
Hello everyone,

I am just starting out on script writing. Right now all I've got is a "registration" script that writes an ini file stating you have registered and a script that writes to the same file creating a password.

The problem I am having is I can't find said ini file once it's been written.

That is the ini file I am trying to find. When I attempt to load a script, it appears. But when I load the script, nothing shows up:

Now when I go to my actual folder that my mirc program is in, there are no other files:

And even when I try the run command on the ini file I want, I get this message:

Am I missing something really obvious about this? I know the ini file exists, because my commands are still working and acknowledging that I already wrote the ini file.

Here is the script:

Quote:
on *:TEXT:`register:*: {
if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,$nick,register) == done) { /notice $nick 12(15You have already registered $+ . Type `help to see what the bot can currently do $+ .12) | halt }
/notice $nick 12(15This is the registration process $+ . Type `zoids to see a list of starter zoids you can choose from $+ .12)
}

on *:TEXT:`zoids:*: {
if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,$nick,register) == done) { halt }
/notice $nick 12(15The starter zoids are $+ : Pteras $+ , Godos $+ , and Shield Liger $+ . Please type `register <zoid choice> to select your zoid and complete the registration process $+ .12)
}

on *:TEXT:`register *:*: {
if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,$nick,register) == done) { /notice $nick 12(15You have already registered $+ . Type `help to see what the bot can currently do $+ .12) | halt }
if ($2- == Pteras) {
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick zoid Pteras
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick speed .3
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick health 700
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick basehealth 700
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick armor 50
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick armortype Normal Armor
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick money 5000
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick EXP 0
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack1 Missile pod
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack2 Bomb
/writeini $nick $+ .ini Zoids pteras 1
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick register done
/notice $nick 12(15You are now registered in the $2- $+ . Last thing is to set a password $+ . Please message $me with `setpass <password> to do so $+ .12)
}

if ($2- == Shield Liger) {
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick zoid Shield Liger
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick speed .5
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick health 650
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick basehealth 650
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick armor 30
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack1 Shield Slice
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack2 Strike Laser Claw
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick shield 1000
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick baseshield 1000
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick shieldtype Basic Shield
/writeini $nick $+ .ini Zoids shieldliger 1
/notice $nick 12(15You are now registered in the $2- $+ . Last thing is to set a password $+ . Please message $me with `setpass <password> to do so $+ .12)
}
if ($2- == Godos) {
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick zoid Godos
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick speed .7
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick health 1300
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick basehealth 1300
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick armor 300
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack1 Buster Cannon
/writeini $nick $+ .ini $nick attack2 Twin Machine Gun
/writeini $nick $+ .ini Zoids godos 1
}
}

;
;Password
;

on *:TEXT:`setpass *:?:{
if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,password,pass) == $null) {
/writeini $nick $+ .ini password pass $2-
/notice $nick 12(15Your password is now: $2- $+ 12)
/writeini $nick $+ .ini password passaccept on | halt
}
if ($readini($nick $+ .ini,password,passaccept) != on) {
/notice $nick 12(15You must identify before you can change your password $+ . Type `identify <password> to do so $+ . $+ 12) | halt }
/writeini $nick $+ .ini password pass $2-
/notice $nick 12(15Your password is now: $2- $+ 12)
}

The "stats" don't do anything at the moment. And I haven't finished the `identify portion of the password script. But I noticed my missing ini file and wanted to figure this out before I went any further. I feel like this is just something that I'm not noticing or a simple typo.... But I would appreciate anyone's help figuring this out.

Thank you!! (I apologize if this post is long and if the pictures are huge... I couldn't really tell how big they would be. "/ )

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It looks like you may be running two different versions of mIRC. One is a very old version and the other is a new version. Old versions of mIRC are not compatible with new versions of Windows, so you may experience random issues that are difficult to explain.

In particular, new versions of Windows are more strict about what applications can do in the Program Files folder. For example, applications cannot save or modify files in the Program Files folder. If you are running an old version of mIRC in the Program Files folder, its files are probably being virtualized by Windows and stored in:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\mIRC

Unfortunately, this may lead to other issues, so running an old version of mIRC on a new version of Windows is not recommended.

New versions of mIRC are blocked from saving/changing files in Program Files, like all other applications. If you want to run a new version of mIRC with all of its files in one folder, you can use the "portable" option in the installer and install mIRC in your Documents folder.

Link Copied to Clipboard