mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
hey guys, thanks for reading this. my name is alex and i livestream, i also (when i was like 12) would program my own chat commands for aol that had hundreds of commands (even some really cool beautifully unique ones). It was called audio revenge, then audio.revenge2 then audio:revengexp and then a vista version haha. anyways enough back story. i'm just trying to get the point across that i'm not a total beginner.

anyways i recently switched over to MacOS so programming is a little different now. I downloaded Colloquy which is a nice app but it uses applescript and sometimes the scripts just don't work.

So using cross over i've downloaded mIRC for my mac (which is awesome btw), and am starting to make some scripts.

The top 2 scripts i want are a welcome bot, and a new follower alert.

now the welcome bot isnt really hard and i've found some examples within this forum that'll probably work out:

ie;

Quote:
on !*:JOIN:%channel:notice $nick Welcome to $chan $+ , $nick $+ ! Type !help for more...

but my next one is a little bit more trickier. now i have a nifty little app called TeeBoard which runs on AIR so it works for any OS and has so many features it's nuts (for twitch). i recommend you download it if you use twitch at all.

anyways teeboard everytime i get a new follower will update a file on my system named follower-last.txt and give the latest follower. this is always on a timer so the second i get a new follower this text file will update.

i tried writing a script off of this but colloquy derped around and i don't know mirc enough to figure it out so any help would be appreciated so much..

this is the basic gist i had for the applescript:

Quote:
using terms from application "Colloquy"

set LastFolls to paragraphs of (read POSIX file "/Users/alexarruda/Documents/TeeBoard/widgets/notifications/follower-last.txt")

delay 8

set newfoll to paragraphs of (read POSIX file "/Users/alexarruda/Documents/TeeBoard/widgets/notifications/follower-last.txt")

if newfoll ≠ LastFolls then

tell ACultAboveTheRest

message ("oooooh yeah baby!! we got a new follower! welcome " & newfoll & "!! and welcome to a cult above the rest! let's take over the world together!")

end tell

end if

delay 2

end using terms from

it would always choke at the send message part (which is confusing because that part works fine for other scripts where i need to send a message)

anyways i'm moving away from colloquy and back to mIRC and would like a way to make that script i wrote^ for new followers to some how work for mIRC.

if anyone could help me out i will love you forever lmao.

TL;DR

need help making a twitch welcome bot and new follower notification timer that checks the file

"/Users/alexarruda/Documents/TeeBoard/widgets/notifications/follower-last.txt"

to see if the contents have changed and if they do change then to scroll something along the lines of "welcome new follower " 8 n & "!"

please obiwan kenobi.. your my only hope

Last edited by alexander; 17/07/14 02:44 AM.
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
btw if you would like to reach me to help me out my aim screen name (if anyone still uses it lol) is "bLeed" or "medicine". my kik is "cult_", and my email is cult-@outlook.com.

or right here is fine also

=]

thanks guys!

Last edited by alexander; 17/07/14 04:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard