mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#24663 17/05/03 07:20 AM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
If you've used mozilla or netscape, you get harrased to choose a user prfile each time you start it - I started thinking, and thought maybe it wouldn';t be a BAD thing to have on mIRC.

Here's how I imagine it would work
- On start, display "choose user profile" dialog, inlcude an option to password lock something - optional wheter it shows the dialog (like the conncet dialog)
- A profile stores your nick, anick (by network too even), any networks you connect to by default, script files loaded (different scripts for different users but same .EXE), address book, path to logs, getdir, sounddir, etc.

This could be a nice addition/extension of mIRC's LOCK feature - I can't think of how many times people use my mIRC and I stress out a helluva lot about em breaking it... etc etc...

#24664 17/05/03 05:18 PM
A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
mirc.exe -iPATH\mirc.ini -rPATH

This should make mirc use the mirc.ini in the PATH you suply, and as mIRC.ini got all the cool settings like network, nick, scripts, jadda jadda ... you should be able to run TWO users with one mIRC ...

Though you whould need to have two SHORTCUTS like...

----
-r stands for ROOTdir ... dunno if this is set in mirc.ini ... might be
-----
Note ... I'm not saying it's a bad idea ... I kinda like it.. I'm just showing you a way to solve it at this moment.

Also the login thing chould all be scripted if you wanted too, but that might actually be harder then using two mirc.ini

--------------------------------------------------
I really don't know anything.... I just fake it

Link Copied to Clipboard