mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#246597 21/06/14 09:31 AM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

If I upgrade will I lose all my settings?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are already using mIRC, the mIRC installer will upgrade your current version of mIRC to the latest version and will keep your existing settings. However, sometimes it can be a little more complicated than that:

If you are using anti-virus software, some anti-virus software may not recognize the new version of mIRC (until the anti-virus company updates their software), may incorrectly think it is a trojan/virus, and may delete your settings without telling you.

If you are using mIRC scripts/addons/dlls, sometimes these may need to be updated by the authors of the scripts/addons/dlls to work with the new version of mIRC.

If you do not already backup your files on a regular basis, you can backup your mIRC folder and its settings before installing the new version. To find your mIRC folder, run mIRC, open the Tools menu, and click on the Received Files menu item. This will show you where your mIRC folder is located. You can now make a copy of it before installing the new version.

F
OP Offline
F
Okay first, you have confused me more than molasses mixed with butter. -Sorry

I opened up mIRC and was told there was an update available and I clicked on the link. This link took me to the mIRC download page when clicking on download I was then taken to CNET. I hate CNET because they require people to download there software so I clicked my back button and downloaded from a mirror site.

I downloaded the update but I have 2 scripts. One is a search and the other is something to save my password since I registered my nick.

Someone else installed this stuff for me because well. Read the beginning again. I am not tech savvy. Scripts, code and whatnot confuse my old addle brain. (Yeah, laugh my family does grin )

F
OP Offline
F
I may be slow in replying. Going out and I have not figured out how to receive an email when someone post.

confused again

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
CNET does not require you to download their own software, and your scripts will not be erased.

Link Copied to Clipboard