mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zabache Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Z
For a long time now some process I involve in my daily mirc 7.32 script writing reverses these two characters / \ within my mirc script editor. I write something that involves this / and through nothing as obvious as 'replace all' I come back a month later to find that it is now \. Example a script that reads websites now features this: $gettok($remove(%v,<span>,<\span>,<li>,<\li>,<b>,<\b>,<strong>,<\strong>,$chr(9)),1-,32) an obvious problem as all html expressions are </blah>. I went so far as to solve it on critical scripts by using \ ascii $chr(92) and / ascii $chr(47) but not often enough because it is back and I cannot attribute this to anything I am doing accidental or otherwise.

Has anyone else experienced this oddity?

Last edited by Zabache; 26/05/14 07:49 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I use a large number of scripts and have not experienced, or heard of, this issue before. It is difficult to think of a reason for why this would happen. Does the issue affect all of those characters in a script or only some? Are you able to reproduce it somehow, for example by loading/unloading a script repeatedly? Are you occasionally editing a script in another text editor that may be modifying the script in some way?

Link Copied to Clipboard