Print Thread
#246082 22/05/14 07:44 PM
N
Nillen Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
N
Is it possible a dialog with dynamic buttons?
My idea is to instead of having $?="" to list some set values pulled from a website and use those as options.
I'm not familiar with working with this, and I've only been able to create static options so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can pull the info without trouble, and since the value is only 1 word, it's very simple to deal with. I could keep the value in an .ini file or something and refresh it on a weekly basis. At least this is ideal.
If it isn't possible to make it dynamic, then that's that, and I'll have to use $?="" instead

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
Nillen #246083 22/05/14 07:55 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You can write a dialog form dynamically to a file, load it, and use that dialog.
If you want to create control dynamically after the dialog has been opened, you can use dcx.dll.

As far as buttons are concerned, you can change the caption of a button after it has been created, the dynamic part here applies only for the position of the control.

If you want a $? style input dialog which ask for several options, use $input and the new 'm' switch, it's perfect:

//noop $input(prompt,m,title,default_selection,test,default_selection,test2)

Last edited by Wims; 22/05/14 08:00 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #246084 22/05/14 08:16 PM
N
Nillen Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
N
Perfect! Got it working smile
Thanks smile

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv