#244620 14/03/14 10:24 PM
Z
Zangune Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Z
mIRC 7.32 Windows 8 64bit.
Tools - Options... - Connect - Email type 'FirstSecond@Example.Com', in Identd - User ID type 'Third', untick 'Use ID from email address', connet to an IRC server, your ident is 'FirstSecon', as in 'Nick!FirstSecon@Host.IP', here I found this
Originally Posted By: Khaled
mIRC should use your email address (as a first option - if it is not set, mIRC defaults to your identd userid and if that is not set it uses a default value) in the USER message

shouldn't mIRC use User ID 'Third'? It seems more logical to me.
At the moment you cannot set an email address and use a different ident the way I described, you have to remove the email address to use 'Third' as ident. I know I can use /server -i.

Zangune #244621 14/03/14 11:02 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I just tested this on several IRC networks and it seems to be working correctly. The /whois reply will contain the userid from your email address or from your identid, depending on whether you have "use id from email address" enabled or disabled.

If the server you are connecting to is not showing the correct userid, it may be that they are using your userid from the USERNAME logon, which uses your email address, instead of your identd userid. You can check to see what mIRC is sending to the server by using the /debug on command, which will output raw server messages to a debug.log file.

Khaled #244630 15/03/14 01:49 PM
Z
Zangune Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Z
Originally Posted By: Khaled
If the server you are connecting to is not showing the correct userid, it may be that they are using your userid from the USERNAME logon, which uses your email address, instead of your identd userid.

True, obviously, thanks smile

Click to reveal..
Comparison for curious guys.
My email address is Email@Example.Com my User ID is Ident.

MindForge doesn't check ident
Code:
-> irc.mindforge.org CAP LS
-> irc.mindforge.org NICK Zangune
-> irc.mindforge.org USER Email 0 * :Zangune
<- :Ping.MindForge.org NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
<- :Ping.MindForge.org NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
<- :Ping.MindForge.org CAP * LS :account-notify away-notify multi-prefix tls userhost-in-names
-> irc.mindforge.org CAP REQ :multi-prefix
<- PING :28EAF658
-> irc.mindforge.org PONG :28EAF658
<- :Ping.MindForge.org CAP Zangune ACK :multi-prefix 
-> irc.mindforge.org CAP END
<- :Ping.MindForge.org 001 Zangune :Welcome to the MindForge IRC Network Zangune!Email@host11-11-dynamic.11-11-r.retail.telecomitalia.it

DALnat checks ident
Code:
-> irc.eu.dal.net CAP LS
-> irc.eu.dal.net NICK Zangune
-> irc.eu.dal.net USER Email 0 * :Zangune
<- :punch.wa.us.dal.net NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
<- :punch.wa.us.dal.net NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking Ident
<- :punch.wa.us.dal.net NOTICE AUTH :*** Got Ident response
<- :punch.wa.us.dal.net NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
<- :punch.wa.us.dal.net 001 Zangune :Welcome to the DALnet IRC Network Zangune!Ident@host11-11-dynamic.11-11-r.retail.telecomitalia.it

Note Zangune!Email@ in MindForge and Zangune!Ident@ in DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard