mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I would like to send a PM to a user when he/she enters a channel between the hours of 9-10pm nightly.

We have meetings at different times of the day and I would like to send a private message advising that it is time for a meeting, asking the user to refrain from interrupting the meeting.

I was wondering if /NOTICE could be used to private message the user.

Any suggestions?

J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Evening,

I wasn't totally clear on what you were asking for and I've done it on my thoughts, that you hold a meeting in a room and when someone joins the room you want it to tell them there is a meeting.

I am not sure on how to make the script work between 9-10pm but I think with meetings they may always start at say 9pm but may go longer than 10pm. So what I have created is a script that you can turn on when your in the meeting and then turn off when the meeting is over.

You didn't say weather the script was going into your mIRC or a bots mIRC so I have created two. Please see below and let me know anything you may need changing.

It is set so it will work if a user joins any rooms, let me know if you want it to work in one room only or certain users. The message given to the person who joins the room when the meeting is turned on can be changed too.

Script is to be placed in the remotes tab of the IRC client.

When turned on, if a user joins a channel it will say Meeting in progress.

THIS SCRIPT IS IF YOUR PLACING IT IN YOUR OWN mIRC

Commands are

/meeting on - Turns the meeting on
/meeting off - Turns the meeting off

Code:
alias meeting {
  if ($1 == on) { writeini -n meeting.ini Meeting Status On | .echo Meeting has now been turned ON.  | halt }
  if ($1 == off) { writeini -n meeting.ini Meeting Status Off | .echo Meeting has now been turned OFF. | halt }
  else { .echo >>> Error: Invalid parameters. Available parameters: ON/OFF. Example !meeting on | halt }
}
On *:JOIN:#: {
  if ($readini(meeting.ini, Meeting, Status) == on) { .msg $nick A meeting is now in progress. } 

THIS SCRIPT IS FOR IF YOU ARE PLACING IT IN A BOT

Commands are

!meeting on - Turns meeting on
!meeting off - Turns meeting off

Code:
on 100:text:!meeting*:#: {
  if ($1 == !meeting) {
    if ($2 == on) { writeini -n meeting.ini Meeting Status On | .notice $nick Meeting has now been turned ON.  | halt }
    if ($2 == off) { writeini -n meeting.ini Meeting Status Off | .notice $nick Meeting has now been turned OFF. | halt }
    else { .notice $nick >>> Error: Invalid parameters. Available parameters: ON/OFF. Example !meeting on | halt }
  }
}
On *:JOIN:#: {
  if ($readini(meeting.ini, Meeting, Status) == on) { .msg $nick A meeting is now in progress. } 

Let me know how you find the script and if anything is needed. Feedback is always great!

Last edited by jaystew; 10/01/14 11:13 PM.

Regards

JayStew
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I have an alias file and a remote file. I can place the script in the alias file in my own mIRC.

The room is moderated during meetings. Maybe the script can be activated when the room is moderated by an OP.

Moderating the room can call up /meeting on and unmoderating the room can call up /meeting off. That's a possibility.

Thanks for your help. I will try this out.

Last edited by terceslil; 15/01/14 05:05 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard