mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#243687 13/12/13 05:14 AM
N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
Mirc 7.32 restarts the comp after i click it once and login. when i quit and try to start Mirc it restarts the comp. No windows error. I use Windows XP as OS

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The most common reasons for this are either an issue with your Windows installation or misbehaving anti-virus software. Have you applied all of the latest Windows Updates for your Windows XP installation up to SP3? If not, that would be the first step. If you are using anti-virus software, you could try disabling it to see if that helps. Please make sure that you are using the official version of mIRC from the mIRC website.

N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
I have sp2. i have issues with mp4 and no anti virus. this is after updating to 7.32. before there were no problems. comp restarts only after second time i open mirc after quitting without reboot. comp restarts automatically

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In order to track down the issue, your next step would be to check whether the issue happens with a clean copy of mIRC. You should do this by installing mIRC to a new, empty folder using the "portable" option in the mIRC installer. For portable installations, you should install mIRC in your documents folder. If you then run this copy of mIRC, do you still see the same issue?

Babel fish
Babel fish
Adding to this, since you are using a very old copy of Windows. Try doing this for us:

1. Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.

2. In the Control Panel window, open System.
Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system has been setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

3. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

4. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

5. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

6. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

7. Click OK in the System Properties window.

From now on, when a problem causes a blue-screen, or any other major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

The next time this issue happens with mIRC, please take down some of the information on the screen, such as the file that caused the issue, or the driver-type (which can often be accompanied by an IRQ). It may also be necessary to take down the data below the Technical Information line (eg: STOP information).

Last edited by Zmodem; 30/12/13 02:52 AM.

-Zmodem

Link Copied to Clipboard