#243213 28/10/13 11:47 AM
K
Kiron Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
hi!!!!
What is the maximum file size that you can download through mirc?? is it 4gb??when i try to download file size of 6.2 GB mirc reports that file is only big 4 GB confused

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I guess your system set the limit, 32 bits system will not allow as big files as 64 bits.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
I didn't think cpu bits had anything to do with file sizes, just ram. File size is typically dictated by filesystem. Also what version of mirc are you using, I believe some version before 6.35 (maybe the 6.1 or 6.2 series) had a 4gb max file size for dcc transfers. Pretty sure 6.35 doesn't and I know 7.xx doesn't.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
No, you cant put a 4 gig file on a 32bit, x86 system. Same as you wont be able to use more then 3gb ram in a 32bit, x86 system

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
sparta you are wrong. The ram part is completely true but file size is only limited by filesystem.

I just copied that file to a 32bit machine and the universe didn't end.

I'm not going to post again until the op replies back with what version of mirc he has.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
K
Kiron Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
Originally Posted By: pball
i'm not going to post again until the op replies back with what version of mirc he has.

i am currently using version 6.21.maybe i should upgrade to higher version smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
with both of us using mirc 6.35, someone sent a file to me which was slightly larger than 2.0 gig. The send failed at around the 2 gig mark, and when he resumed send, it started writing from near the beginning of the file to the end of the received file.

Link Copied to Clipboard