mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
Hi !
I was barely able to set mIRC to make it work. It is still complicated for me. I used to use mibbit web irc. But I decided to instal mIRC for this reasons. But unfortunatelly, barebone application doesn't support it. So I'm here to ask help pls.

1, when I turn on mIRC, I need to be opened automatically two channels of different servers, I will be using.
2, log me in automatically to those channels with different nicks(usernames)
3, I would like to be hidden from feature: /whois - to not show username, IP, internet provider, country where connection comes from
4, be able apply all color, font, size settings to all channels, server I will use. simply make that settings as general for everything
5, be able see chat in channel like this from mibbit. I miss it. Namely time when someone posted text, show nicks separatelly from text and with other color:
Code:
http://prntscr.com/1mz1kw

6, be able freely highlight someone's text in chat screen. for example, someone replied my question, later. I need to highlight all his comment general, or all commenets to me. By one click.

I really appreciate your help. It was hard decision to move from something simple and effective to something even better, but diffiicult for newbie. I hope effort will bring reward later...

Thanks

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
1 / 2: Put this in the remote tab: Tools -> Script Editor .. Now alter it to what you want.

Code:
on *:start:{ 

; Change the 'Nick' part to what you want your nick to be. 
  ; Change the '#channel' part to what channel you want to join. 

server irc.foobar.net -i Nick -j #channel

; the -m switch creates a new window. Use this for every server after the first.

server -m irc.anotherserver.net -i Nick2 -j #cake 
}

3: Can't really do anything about that, except hide behind a BNC/proxy, although most people have no valid reason to hide that info.

4: Enter this where you type "/font" .. pick something -> [check] Use default -> OK

5: Enter this where you type "/timestamp on" .. Could probibly use a script to alter the nick color / separate the text from the nick.

6: Not sure on that, someone else might know.

For info on the commands, type these where you type text in mirc.
/help on start
/help /server
/help /timestamp
/help /font

M
OP Offline
M
I have came across these forums. May I find there what I need ? If yes, what name of scripts should I seek for ?

Code:
http://www.mircscripts.org

Code:
http://www.hawkee.com

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can try "Auto-join" or "Auto join" or just simple "join".

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
M
OP Offline
M
is there any open forum, where people share and modify their mirc scripts ?
i really would like to obtain solutions for my needs, but i know it is not working like: i need, you give.

but i guess, for experienced users, it is questions of few minutes to paste it as a new script from their script parts

i would like to ask for help in some often visiting forum please
ty

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
http://www.hawkee.com/

Lok at the bottom of the page, and you will find the mIRC symbol.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
F
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
Hawkee doesn't have a bottom of the page. unless you want to scroll down 5 million+ messages.
And even then it's not there.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S

F
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
Just use the search function to search for your questions, and open threads with the little mIRC icon under the summary.

M
OP Offline
M
it is not that easy to find.

I have started learn programming in Python3, but this mirc programmig is some different language.

I'm so long time waiting to make my issues, to be able use mirc in normal way
frown

Link Copied to Clipboard