mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
rhazor Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
mIRC 7.32 (it was back in v6 right there together in Fonts settings, now it's gone):

Segoe is default Windwos 8 font (yes, I use win8 x64), no matter what font I select there is no option to select the UTF-8 encoding.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is no option because mIRC is now Unicode-only. See this.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
rhazor Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
I do not get it. It kinda says UTF-8 works? Well it doesn't work for me, people who are using Lithuanian letters on channel topics or while chatting they are not encoded into Lithuanian letters instead I get some unknown letters.

This issue used to be with v6, but it had that option in Fonts to set UTF-8 and Display and Encode and it always fixed that problem. How do I fix that now?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
' people who are using Lithuanian letters on channel topics or while chatting they are not encoded into Lithuanian letters instead I get some unknown letters.'

If the users in question are NOT using UFT-8, but rather code pages from a non uft-8 client, then they will NOT translate correctly, this is not an mIRC problem, but rather an issue of users not keeping up with the times and going to the uft-8 standard.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In short, any user who sends text in UTF-8 will display correctly on mIRC 7.x. Any user who does not send text in UTF-8 will not. mIRC has offered the option to send text in UTF-8 for a very long time and so have most other clients, so there really isn't any reason why users haven't started to use it by now. If you are in channels where users refuse to use UTF-8, then you'll have to stick with mIRC 6.35 or use other channels.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard