mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#242322 03/07/13 09:21 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Hello, first of all I am a total noob when it comes to scripting or anything related but I wanted to write a script or get some help with it.

So basically what I want is sort of like a trivia bot but not really. I want users to be able to type a command such as !V test1 test2 test3 where it will search for keywords in any questions/text it finds like test1, test2 and test3 and then relay the results when the user uses !V.

I have a long list of questions/answers but I don't want people to guess or try to answer, I want the bot to relay both the question and answer all in one message when somebody uses the !V search for keywords function. If it helps the list is on a website/wiki board but I don't know if it's possible to somehow link it in the script.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

KingJoffrey #242326 04/07/13 06:28 PM
Babel fish
Babel fish
This is absolutely possible, but it's not very simple. First, you simply need to create a bot script that watches for the !V typing event from users, such as:

Code:
ON *:TEXT:!V *:#: {
 ; Everything you want the bot to do goes in here
}

You can set the '#channelname' to anything, but if you want the bot to respond to all requests in any channel, you would simply leave it as '#'.

The next thing on your list is comparing a search query within a set of text and whether or not the query exists. This is fairly simple to do as well:

Code:
ON *:TEXT:!V *:#: {
 var %nickname = $nick, %string = $1-, %query = $gettok(%string,1,45), %searchin = $gettok(%string,2-,45)

if (%query iswm %searchin) {
    .msg # %nickname $+ : " $+ %query $+ " was found in " $+ %searchin $+ ".
    return
 }
 .msg # %nickname $+ : Search query " $+ %query $+ " was not found in your request: " $+ %searchin $+ ".
}

Now, what you're trying to accomplish is most likely even more complicated than this, such as highlighting/making-bold the spots in the search text where the query matches, and your request to have it search a website. You will want to read up on sockets and how to download binary information and strip html tags as well.

Good luck!

-Zmodem
Zmodem #242334 05/07/13 03:58 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Hmm while I absolutely appreciate the help I think it would be a little too complicated for me then lol. Forget the website part then, would it be easier to input the text myself that I want to be searched or have some sort of a text file for it to search within? Thanks for helping!

And if it is a text file would all users be able to search it?

KingJoffrey #242340 05/07/13 11:13 PM
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Try using /filter to find the matches in the txt file, then /play to send them to the channel.
Code:
on *:text:!V *:#:{
  filter -ffg file.txt tmpresult.txt / $+ $replace($2-,$chr(32),|) $+ /i
  .play # tmpresult.txt
  .remove tmpresult.txt
}
The above searches in "file.txt" so change that part to whatever your file is named.

/help /filter
/help /play

Deega #242371 08/07/13 05:06 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I don't think I want to play the file, I just want certain users (half-ops/ops) to be able to search through text. I guess this is called a trigger script? For example ...

[user] !V batman 1989
Who played the role of Batman in the 1989 “Batman” movie? Michael Keaton

It will reply with anything that has 1989 and batman in a line. I already have a long list of these type of questions/answers that I want certain users (half-ops/ops) to be able to search when using the !V command. Do I save them in a text file and have it search through that or do I input the list in the script somewhere? Thanks for your help.

KingJoffrey #242381 09/07/13 04:31 AM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Code:
on *:TEXT:!V Elizabeth Banks:#:{ /msg $chan Elizabeth Banks played Beth. Banks portrays __ in the "Hunger Games" films Effie Trinket }

So I've got this when a user types !V elizabeth banks the bot will reply with :

[BOT] Elizabeth Banks played Beth. Banks portrays __ in the "Hunger Games" films Effie Trinket

But how do I get it so it matches any string of keywords in any order in that sentence? For example any one of these commands will trigger the bot to reply ...

!V elizabeth
!V banks
!V hunger games
!V effie trinket

Link Copied to Clipboard