mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Morg Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I run 2 mirc instances on Windows 8 64 bit..everything worked fine until I updated from 7.29 to 7.32 ..one mirc instance after that kept crashing with the following applications record in event viewer:

Faulting application name: mirc_efnet.exe, version: 7.32.0.0, time stamp: 0x519e2532
Faulting module name: ssleay32.dll, version: 1.0.1.5, time stamp: 0x511bf76b
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00025f15
Faulting process ID: 0x2680
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce69c0be7a9c9d
Faulting application path: D:\OS\Win7\Internet\mIRC_EFNet\mirc_efnet.exe
Faulting module path: D:\OS\Win7\Internet\mIRC_EFNet\ssleay32.dll
Report ID: e7b924c1-d5c4-11e2-be7c-0018f30de84f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The other one becomes "non-responding" without any eventviewer entry and I can only kill it.
If I go back to 7.29 all seems to work fine again.
Seems some SSL issue got introduced?
Any clue how to fix this?

I got the latest Win32 OpenSSL installed to Windows folder and to mirc folder as well (mirc is being run as a portable application)

M
MiK Offline
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
Originally Posted By: Morg

The other one becomes "non-responding" without any eventviewer entry and I can only kill it.
If I go back to 7.29 all seems to work fine again.
Seems some SSL issue got introduced?
Any clue how to fix this?

I have the same exact problem with SSL connections and Win7-64. V7.32 just stops responding after a while and I have to kill it.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What happens if you remove the OpenSSL DLLs?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far, however if you can provide some more information about when this issue happens, I may be able to track it down.

If you install a clean copy of mIRC in portable mode to an empty folder, copy the OpenSSL DLLs into that folder, and then run mIRC from that folder with default settings, do you still see the same issue? Do you see the same issue with both OpenSSL 0.9.8y and 1.0.1e? When does the issue occur? Does it happen the moment you run mIRC? Immediately after you connect to a server? Or later on?

Also, are you using anti-virus software? Sometimes if an anti-virus software signature database has not been updated to recognize the latest version of mIRC, it might think it is not authentic and will block it in ways that might cause side-effects like this. If you disable your anti-virus software, does that resolve the issue?

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
Hi,

I have the same issue but I know the reason. smile
Portable version of mIRC isn't affected. mIRC crashes on disconnect if the following registry key exists:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mIRC\Channels

There was only one key below: "(Standard)" with an empty string. It doesn't matter which string is set for "(Standard)". mIRC will freeze on disconnect if the key exists.

Workarounds:
  • set "portable=yes" in about section of mirc.ini
  • or delete the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mIRC\Channels

Regards

M
MiK Offline
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
My problems seems to have vanished since I upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1e

N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
Hi, I can reproduce this error on win7 32bit, with mirc 7.32 using both SSL versions mentioned. Crashes after disconnecting as soon as i try and set focus in mirc. The reg key didnt exist for me and adding the portable parameter to the ini didnt help either. Downgrading to mirc 7.29 did fix the problem :-(

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unfortunately I was never able to reproduce this issue. I just tested again under Windows 8.1 32bit and Windows 7 64bit using both SSL versions and mIRC 7.32 and all seemed well. If you install a clean copy of mIRC using the "portable" option in the installer to a new empty folder (in your documents folder for portability), with no scripts or addons, are you able to reproduce the issue?

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I also get this. mIRC v7.32 on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
-------
Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: mirc.exe, version 7.32.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x519e2532
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ssleay32.dll, version 1.0.0.11, tidsstämpel 0x51c07219
Undantagskod: 0xc0000005
Felförskjutning: 0x000229f5
Process-ID: 0x1a3c
Programmets starttid: 0x01cf3ebe9e578778
Sökväg till program: C:\Program Files (x86)\mIRC\mirc.exe
Sökväg till modul: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\ssleay32.dll
Rapport-ID: 8ba01fe0-aad8-11e3-8272-94de806f410f
Fullständigt namn på felaktigt paket:
Program-ID relativt till felaktigt paket:
-----
(Sorry about the swedish translation above)
Two crashes in about a month.

Link Copied to Clipboard