Print Thread
#241641 09/05/13 11:13 AM
N
NoAClue Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
Just recently I started getting a new error, one id never seen before, which is RecvQ exceeded. the msg 'not connected to server' and 'you are not in a channel' displays as well. I use the ladies nite version 6.16. ive been getting this error for about 2 days now and sometimes I get booted 10-15 times a day or more and sometimes I can log in and stay put for quite a few hours I have auto join so its not as much of a pain as it could be but still very much an annoyance I know there are more current versions available but none that have all the options of the ladies nite so im not interested in upgrading so that's not the answer for me. Im currently on a new hp pavilion laptop that ive had about 7 months now. any help wld be appreciated.

NoAClue #241642 09/05/13 12:08 PM
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
http://wiki.inspircd.org/Recvq

Enter this into mIRC and connect to the network:
Code:
//debug -t @debug 

You are probably sending too much to the IRCd.

One example would be joining channels when you connect, check your scripts and make sure they are not doing the horrible way.

Horrible way to join channels, as you are sending THREE commands that can easily be turned into ONE command
Quote:
join #cake
join #foobar
join #example

You should do join commands like this.
Quote:
join #cake,#foobar,#example

KindOne #241685 13/05/13 10:07 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Hi KindOne. Thank you for such a speedy response. Where do I enter the code you gave me? When entering the channel names in Tools, Options, Perform, can I add the channel passwords after each channel name? Where I add the password now is in Favorites, Add Channel so i'm entering each channel twice. am I creating more work for myself Thank you so much for the shortcut to the join commands, combining them down to just one. I appreciate your help....

Link Copied to Clipboard