mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Ayso Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
I'm running on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 8. The mIRC client is allowed on Public and Private networks. I have removed my antivirus for the time being to make sure it wasn't the problem.

When i try to connect on a website client rather then the mIRC client i get this message:
Connecting...
Logging in...
-Sentinels.NoixIRC.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-Sentinels.NoixIRC.net- *** Checking ident...
Disconnected from sentinels.noixirc.net

And when i try to connect on the mIRC client, i get:
* Connecting to irc.webchat.org (7000)
* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

Help?

Edit: I put the /server sentinels.noixirc.net into the mIRC client and now it gives me the 10053 software caused connection abort code.

Edit: I am also on a college internet so could that be a reason?

Last edited by Ayso; 26/03/13 09:09 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Many colleges block IRC on their networks, so that could definitely be the problem. There may be ways around that, but it would not be wise to try and bypass the college's network security as they may decide to kick you out of the college if you do. A safer approach would be to ask if they can allow IRC and give them a good reason to allow it. They can always say no, but they may say yes.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Can you connect to any other networks? If you can, then they dont block your connection to irc.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
A
Ayso Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Yeah I really can't afford to lose internet/get kicked out obviously haha. Thanks I may try that.

I can't atm because the only ones i can connect to are other student's wifis and they all have pass codes lol. I'll probably try a starbucks or something tomorrow.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Other students' WiFi wouldn't really help anyhow because they're also going to be on the college network. See what happens with a free WiFi and if it still isn't working, let us know.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard