Print Thread
#241188 26/03/13 04:05 PM
W
Wiz126 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
W
It would be nice if the N switch for /load and /reload was to be extended to alias files.

Code:
/load -aN <file>
/reload -aN <file>

(The -N on reload is simply to keep it consistent since it's already capable of loading aliases.)

Last edited by Wiz126; 26/03/13 04:05 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Am i paranoid, or does this not leave open the ability to have a script load the alias section and circumvent all the commands built into mIRC?
I could see this being used in some nasty ways.

Just a though.

Last edited by HorseC; 27/03/13 05:39 AM.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The N switch just lets you position the script (or alias in this case) in a specific order with the others that are loaded. You can already load an alias. Other than placing an alias at the top that breaks other aliases, there really isn't any more danger there than currently.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: HorseC
Am i paranoid, or does this not leave open the ability to have a script load the alias section and circumvent all the commands built into mIRC?
I could see this being used in some nasty ways.

Just a though.

If a user is loading a file without knowing or trusting its contents, then they're already in danger. These commands don't make anything worse.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I stand corrected, Thanks for the input guys. I guess I WAS being paranoid smile

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard