Print Thread
K
KindOne Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Greetings my fellow scripters!

I am here to announce the release of the latest version of mSLDev - a full-featured integrated development environment designed specifically for the mIRC scripting language with you in mind.

mSLDev is a standalone program with mIRC syncing capabilities that allows you, the scripter, to easily write high quality scripts. mSLDev supports all the features you'd expect from a professional IDE including syntax highlighting, calltips, and smart autocompletes.

Site:

http://www.mSLDev.com/

Some Features:
  • Live Syncing with mIRC
  • Real-Time Error Detection
  • Syntax Coloring
  • Smart AutoComplete
  • Variable matching
  • Tabbed interface
  • Code Folding
  • Syntax Calltips
  • To-Do List Management
  • Hash Table Viewer

Support:

irc.swiftirc.net #mSLDev

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Bravo!! This is long overdue laugh

Excellent work.

One small bug report. If you set a command to a variable and use the variable as a command, the IDE highlights any parameters you pass to it as a command. For example:

Code:
var %s = sockwrite -n $sockname
%s GET / HTTP/1.1
%s Host: www.google.com
%s Accept: */*, *.*

In this script "GET," "Host:" and "Accept:" will all be highlighted in the custom command colour rather than as plaintext.

Not sure how easy this would be to solve.

Thank you for this. Started trying to build something like this before but I always stopped before I got it seriously stable and it was never as smooth as what you've got here.

Are there any plans for a GUI dialog editor?

Edit:

Another small report is that the tooltips don't work for $left, $right, $mid, $pos, $time and maybe some others.

Last edited by hixxy; 22/03/13 10:53 PM.
K
KindOne Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Grr, I knew I should of added this, report bugs in the quoted section below.

Quote:

Please report bugs here: http://www.msldev.com/bugs/

(Can a mod/admin please add the quoted section to the bottom of my first post, it seems I can no longer modify the post.)

W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
Hi hixxy,

Could you please file a bug report in our tracking system: http://www.msldev.com/bugs/ It's the only way to ensure proper elimination of bugs and quality control.

(Btw, that [serious] bug was my mistake of making a last moment change after the decision to go stable (without proper testing). A mistake that won't be repeated. - Almost 3 years of being unstable!)

As for the dialog editor, yes! we have it planned. In fact we have a significant part of it done, unfortunately it didn't quite make it before our feature freeze for 0.3.1. Expect to see it in the future. (our long term goal might also be support for DCX dialogs, but that's a discussion for another day.)

As for the tooltip, I suspect you actually mean our calltip (The one that displays the syntax of an identifier and making the current argument in bold). Yes, actually the current version has the calltip completed up to $h* (anything and including 'h'). This actually requires quite a bit of labor work (we do not copy directly from the help file as mSLDev has extensive support for different syntaxes and optional arguments). It will eventually support everything.

Last edited by Wiz126; 22/03/13 11:34 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Great thanks smile

I've submitted a few things to keep you busy!

Link Copied to Clipboard