mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#240862 03/03/13 05:06 PM
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hi folks, I have heard that Time Warner cable in the United States is cracking down on irc's and piracy downloading in general.

I have Time Warner as my isp and a few weeks ago I began not being able to log on to mIRC. I have always used Undernet.

Does anyone know if Time Warner is blocking access, or if there is some other problem occurring at this time.

Thanks!

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
IRC is not inherently linked with piracy. If TWC was blocking access, I think we'd have heard about it by now.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I dont think it have anything to do with any piracy or somthing like that, did you install any updates for windows/virus protection or firewall? any of your friends using undernet? maybe the server you trying to connect to is down for som reason.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It does not look like they are blocking access to IRC or Undernet. I've seen more and more people lately who have had trouble connecting to Undernet, so it's likely something they are doing on the network rather than something your ISP is doing.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
Hi mindbendertb, I read your problem and maybe this is helpful to you, months age I have Time Warner Cable and always I can't access to any irc server, the status gave me this '' [10054] Connection reset by peer '' Time Warner Cable is blocking access to all irc servers, I don't know why, but I change to this company's AT&T, COX, and I have no more problem to conect at any irc servers...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless there is something specific to your area, TW isn't blocking IRC. It works fine even on Undernet. If you changed companies, you probably changed modems/routers to what the new company provided and that was probably set up with different defaults. You can always use your own router or modem instead of the ISP's or just configure what they have so it works with IRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Im using time warner, fired up mirc and conncted to undernet on the first try. No hiccups whatsoever

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard